To many teens, image is everything, and at an age where image is so important, metal brackets and wires do not sound like the next hottest thing. The good news is that there is an alternative to traditional braces, and Akavan Orthodontics wants to remind you that Invisalign Teen® gives teens a whole new way of wearing braces for a “clearly” amazing smile!
How does Invisalign Teen® work? Much in the same way as Invisalign®, but with a few added characteristics tailored specifically to the teenage lifestyle. For instance, Invisalign Teen® is designed with compliance indicators that fade from dark to light during the two-week period during which that particular tray is used. Once the indicator has faded, teens know to change trays. And, each aligner comes with up to six free individual replacement aligners in case the original aligner ends up lost or broken, which is another big benefit for teens!
- Wear each set of aligners for about two weeks
- Remove the aligners only to eat, drink, brush and floss
- Wear the clear aligners for at a minimum of 20-22 hours per day
- Visit us every 8-10 weeks for an orthodontic check-up
- See your dentist every 6 months for regular cleanings