Orthodontists do more than cosmetic work, they also improve the look and health of your smile by straightening your teeth and aligning your bite. Crooked or crowded teeth, and overbites or underbites can lead to tooth decay, gum disease, and even tooth loss. With these possibilities, it makes finding the perfect orthodontist near Los Angeles, CA even more important. Orthodontist like Dr. Nooshi Akavan are specialist in the field of orthodontia (completing four years of dental school, and then continuing their education with two to three years of focused study) and perform more advanced orthodontic procedures than general dentists.
Why Akavan Orthodontics?
At Akavan Orthodontics, we use a wide range of orthodontic treatments to help our patients get a beautiful, confident, and healthy smile. Braces, retainers, and headgear are all appliances that Dr. Akavan uses to help correct dental issues. A breakthrough in orthodonture is Invisalign, which are clear, removable braces or aligners that add a comfortable, more attractive option. Akavan Orthodontics has helped hundreds of patients in the Los Angeles, CA area, improve their smiles with Invisalign.
Is Orthodontics Just for Children and Teens?
Children and teens aren’t the only ones who benefit from orthodonture. According to the American Association of Orthodontists, one in five orthodontic patients are adults, typically ranging in age from 26 to 44. If you are considering adult orthodontics in the Los Angeles, CA area, look no further than Dr. Akavan!
At Your Initial Consultation with Dr. Akavan Inquire About These 5 Things
1. Orthodontist are certified by organizations, including the American Association of Orthodontists or the American Board of Orthodontics. Many orthodontist include professional affiliations on their logos, business cards or stationary. Feel free to ask Dr. Akavan for verification.
2. Do some general research to learn about orthodontics and common procedures, like the benefits of braces and Invisalign. Make a list of questions to bring to your in-person consultation with Dr. Akavan to make sure you cover each topic.
3. Ask Dr. Akavan about the technology in our office.
4. Orthodontics is personal. Being able to be comfortable with Dr. Akavan and the staff here at Akavan Orthodontics is important. Orthodontic procedures take time: active treatment could be 2 to 2 1/2 years, and you could need up to 2 years of retention follow-up. Read some of our reviews to see what patients have said about us!
5. Don’t be shy to ask Dr. Akavan about cost because treatment may be included in your dental insurance coverage. Talk with us and your insurance provider to find out if braces, Invisalign or other procedures are part of your plan.
Hopefully these tips help claim your nerves as you inch closer to your initial meeting with us here at Akavan Orthodontics. And if you’re reading this and considering orthodontic treatment with Dr. Akavan, contact us today to begin treatment or to learn more about our services.
Dr. Nooshi Akavan and the team at Akavan Orthodontics are experts in orthodontia. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen in Tarzana, Encino, Woodland Hills, Studio City, Calabassas, or Los Angeles, CA, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Akavan contact Akavan Orthodontics at: (818) 345-9601