What questions should I ask?
For folks who want to improve the appearance of their smile, the effectiveness of their bite, and/or their overall oral and dental health, feeling in charge of their orthodontic treatment decisions and feeling prepared for their initial consultation is important. During your initial consultation with Akavan Orthodontics, Dr. Nooshi Akavan will answer your questions about orthodontics and your oral health. If orthodontic treatment is indicated, Dr. Nooshi Akavan and the team at Akavan Orthodontics will then outline a treatment plan that will best treat your orthodontic issues and provide for the utmost treatment outcome.
Some commonly asked questions during an initial consultation with an orthodontist may include:
- What kinds of treatment options do I have to get straighter teeth and healthier smile? Are any of the alternatives to traditional metal braces right for me? Your consultation is the best time to ask the doctor which treatment options are available to you that will ensure the best outcome for your individual needs. Akavan Orthodontics, many patients opt for alternative treatments such as Invisalign clear aligners.)
- What kind of preparation is needed to get braces? How many visits will the treatment take? It’s always a good idea to ask questions like these to ensure that you’re comfortable with undergoing orthodontic treatment and that it fits conveniently into your schedule and budget.
- Should I expect any pain while I have braces? A lot of people who could readily benefit from orthodontic treatment shy away from the idea because they fear it might be a painful process. This is a common concern for many patients, and it’s one that you should talk about with your orthodontics provider. The Akavan Orthodontics team will explain exactly what to expect and how to treat any discomfort their patients may experience.
- What determines how long I have to wear braces? During your consultation, Dr. Nooshi Akavan will evaluate your teeth and jaw alignment to determine the best course of treatment, and will present a schedule approximating the length of treatment. (Orthodontics can be a lengthy process, so don’t be disappointed if you don’t notice a huge change in a short amount of time. You’ll achieve your dream smile soon!)
- How will braces affect my lifestyle, my diet, and my activity level? It’s impossible to avoid having to make changes in your lifestyle, specifically your dietary habits, once you begin orthodontic treatment. You may find that you need to make just a few changes to your daily routine to have a faster and more successful treatment outcome. During your consultation,
Other important questions you may want to ask.
- How long will a typical adjustment appointment last?
- What are the typical costs associated with orthodontic treatment, and what should you expect to pay?
- What orthodontic treatment costs does your insurance plan cover?
- Who arranges for insurance company pre-authorizations, if necessary?
- Who files the associated insurance forms for treatment?
- What flexibility is there to pay any outstanding charges not covered by insurance?
Your initial orthodontic consultation is just the first step toward the healthiest smile you can achieve. Be sure to bring a list of your questions for Dr. Nooshi Akavanand the team at Akavan Orthodontics near Woodland Hills, CA. To schedule an initial consultation with Akavan Orthodontics, call: 818.345.9601