Orthodontics is a dental specialization and a necessity as many people suffer from similar dental problems that can only be treated by a licensed orthodontist. Dr. Nooshi Akavan is an expert orthodontist near North Ridge, CA who, alongside the talented team here at Akavan Orthodontics, help to rectify these common orthodontic conditions. There is a specific way that teeth should be situated in a person’s mouth that encourages proper chewing, oral health, and personal comfort. This is referred to as a “bite” and it is incredibly rare for a person to be born with a perfect one. Dr. Akavan strives to help create an optimum bite for all of our patients!
6 Common Orthodontic Conditions
Chances are, if you’ve consulted with an orthodontist before then you’ve been diagnosed with one, or a few, specific conditions. But what exactly do they mean? Here are the most common orthodontic conditions explained:
- Underbite is when the lower, front teeth protrude in front of the upper front teeth when shut
- Overbite is when the bottom, front teeth sit in front of the top front teeth when shut
- Crowding is exactly what it sounds like! Essentially, there is not enough room for teeth to sit appropriately on the jaw, so they settle very close to each other
- Spaced teeth occurs when teeth sit too far away from each other
- Openbite is when the teeth and jaw do not meet (often caused by childhood thumb sucking)
- Crossbite is the misalignment between the upper and lower front teeth, upper and lower back teeth, or both; this can also make chewing difficult
Orthodontist near North Ridge, CA
As an orthodontist near North Ridge, CA, Dr. Akavan and the team here at Akavan Orthodontics have helped countless of patients fix their bite with: braces, Invisalign, and Invisalign Teen. We can help you create the healthy, beautiful, straight smile that you’ve always wanted too!
Dr. Nooshi Akavan and the team at Akavan Orthodontics are experts in orthodontia. If you have any questions pertaining to early prevention treatment (phase I), bloore aligners, braces, palatal expander, retention, orthognathic surgery, temporary anchorage devices (TADs), or Invisalign in Tarzana, Encino, Woodland Hills, Studio City, Calabasas, or Los Angeles, CA, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Akavan, contact Akavan Orthodontics at: 818.345.9601