Dr. Nooshi Akavan of Akavan Orthodontics encourages her Tarzana, CA patients to continue regular cleanings every six months with their dentist during their Invisalign® treatment for it promotes good oral hygiene, but did you know that it can also prevent a multitude of diseases?
Here are 10 really great reasons to stick with your regular cleaning schedule!
1. It Prevents Oral Cancer. You may or may not realize that you’re screened for oral cancer during your regular dental cleanings. Oral cancer is highly curable with early diagnosis.
2. It Helps Fight Gum Disease. Gum disease is one of the leading causes of adult tooth loss. It can be treated and reversed if diagnosed early, but regular cleanings and check ups, and daily brushing and flossing, are key weapons in winning the battle against gum disease.
3. It’s About More Than Your Mouth. Studies have linked gum disease to heart attacks and strokes? Getting your teeth cleaned every 6 months could reduce your risk of serious health problems!
4. You Want to Preserve Your Smile. As mentioned, gum disease is one of the leading causes of tooth loss in adults. To keep your pearly whites intact, stick with your cleaning schedule.
5. It Helps to Detect Dental Problems Early. We’ve already touched upon early detection of gum disease and oral cancer, but don’t overlook more basic dental problems such as cavities and broken fillings. Without routine cleanings these problems could lead to root canals, gum surgery and/or tooth extraction.
6. It Gives You Guidance to Maintaining Excellent Oral Health. Check ups are a great way to keep your oral health on the right path, and to ask questions like: what’s the best electric toothbrush to buy, or what is current research saying about how to better care for your teeth.
7. You Have Dental Insurance. Consider how much money you put into your insurance plan. Take advantage of it and save a lot of money in the long run by avoiding costly procedures that result from poor dental habits.
8. You Want to Upgrade Your Smile. If you’re already suffering from tooth decay or gum problems, regular appointments will give you the best smile possible.
9. You’re a Smoker. Regular cleanings remove most tobacco stains, polishing your teeth to a beautiful shine!
10. You Need Some Time Alone. Okay, this isn’t a spa, but think of the waiting room as a relaxing place to forget about work or the stresses of family life. Stress effects your dental health and your health and well-being should never take a back seat to your daily planner.
If you have any questions or concerns about your Invisalign® treatment or your oral health please don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Akavan, she can be reached at 407.682.1818, or to visit Akavan Orthodontics when and if you are in the Tarzana, CA area.